We are looking for an Associate to reinforce our Energy & Utilities Team
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 25 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Silicon Valley and Shanghai.
The Energy & Utilities Team
Within the EU Regulatory Department of the Brussels Office, the Energy and Utilities Team assists businesses in Belgium and abroad with a specific focus on energy & utilities (water, waste) and environmental matters including climate change. Permitting, public procurement and competition law issues play part as well, since dossiers are often project related.
The legal assistance delivered by our Team varies from contract drafting to regulatory advice to litigation. It often involves new market segments such as heat networks, interconnections, hydrogen and batteries. Key to good advice is having a multi-disciplinary team covering several topics.
Our Energy and Utilities Team has developed an extensive knowledge in assisting clients in the Belgian and EU electricity and gas sectors. The ever-changing energy market requires constant adaptation and further training to deliver decent advice. Our Team is consistently ranked as a top-tier Team of the main legal directories over the last decade.
Therefore, we are looking for an Associate who wants to play a role in this balanced, multi-disciplinary Team.
Key Skills & Experience
- Master's degree in Belgian law with a strong academic record;
- A specialisation/background in Energy, Environmental (permitting) or Public Law is an asset;
- Working experience in Energy law is an asset;
- Genuine interest in the world of energy is key;
- Trilingual (French and Dutch, with a strong knowledge of English);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- You are proactive, a good communicator and good team player with a sense of initiative required in business life.
- Independent legal research and legal analysis;
- Various duties including drafting and reviewing of contracts, drafting opinions,law-making and litigation;
- Internal presentations, presentations at client meetings, negotiations and external seminars;
- Full participation in the practical organisation of the Team.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a stimulating, international and enriching environment, within a strong Energy & Utilities Team in Brussels. We offer you interesting and challenging work and (internal and external) training, as well as the support necessary for your personal and professional development.
Our Team members are all recognised legal writers and praised public speakers. You will be able to benefit from this experience and participate actively in these initiatives. You will be part of a talented Team and we will push you to steadily develop a personality within the Team. You will receive a competitive salary plus benefits, adapted to your level of relevant experience.
If you wish to apply, please have a look here: Associate- Energy Team - Fieldfisher Belgium (workable.com)