CMS is a top tier Global Law Firm with more than 5.000 lawyers spread over more than 75 offices around the world. CMS Belgium is a tier 2 insurance law firm with offices in Brussels, Luxemburg and Antwerp and has more than 100 lawyers dealing with all types of legal advice for a large variety of clients with activities in many different industries. We work with cross-border teams that consist of experts from all practice areas and sectors such as banking, consumer products, energy, infrastructure, insurance, lifesciences, real estate and construction, hotels and leisure, technology and media.
It is our ambition to build long term relationships with our clients through a no nonsense and pragmatic approach. “Your world first” is our mission statement and an approach that we expect from all our lawyers and staff active around the world.
We are a young and dynamic team in which junior and senior levels work closely together, communication lines are short and bureaucracy is limited.
In order to support our growth we are looking for highly motivated candidates (W/M), who are willing to further develop their career within the insurance and corporate litigation team active in Antwerp.
- You successfully obtained a Belgian Master’s degree in Law. An additional degree or LLM in English would be a valuable asset;
- You have 5 to 7 years of experience working in the field of insurance and/or litigation;
You have an excellent command of Dutch, English and a good knowledge of French;
- You have strong analytical skills and a creative mind, you wish to take initiatives and have a real interest in business life;
- You are willing to travel abroad for internal trainings and meetings;
- You are a team player with outstanding legal capabilities, entrepreneurial spirit and good communication skills.
- You will be part of a team dedicated to insurance and litigation matters, dealing with M&A litigation, financial lines litigation, restructuring and insolvency proceedings, professional liability cases, construction litigation, advising insurers and insureds on policy and coverage issues and help insurers address the challenges and opportunities presented by Brexit.
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme based on execution and origination
- Attractive benefits including a laptop, mobile phone
- On-the-job learning in a dynamic and young work environment
- Modern offices
- Inspiring and awesome colleagues
- Challenging career perspectives
Interested? Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.