Ranked as a Top 10 Global Law Firm, CMS is operational in 41 countries and 73 offices worldwide. In Belgium, based in Brussels and Antwerp, approximately 100 lawyers offer our clients business-focused advice, both in local and cross-border projects and disputes.
CMS is actively looking for a senior associate (F/M) in order to strengthen its employment law team.
In this role, you will advise companies or national and international groups in several areas of employment law, focused on individual employment law. Beyond that, thanks to a close cooperation between the various foreign CMS law firms and the various CMS Belgium departments, you will have the opportunity to take on a multi-jurisdictional and multidisciplinary approach of the cases, what will present real challenges. You will have the opportunity to manage files from beginning to end, acting with some level of independence, in close collaboration with Elke Duden, partner.
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English;
- You have minimum 6 years experience in a reference institution or law firm’s legal department, in which you specialised or acquired some experience in employment law (notions in pension law is an asset);
- You hold a Belgian law degree with enviable academic results;
- You are really interested in the course of trade, you have an excellent legal reasoning as well as a creative mind, you would like to take initiatives;
- Accuracy, rigor, communication skills, availability and responsiveness are amongst your additional qualities;
- You display team spirit and you are stress resistant.
You will be a part of a well-integrated and dynamic team that works on both Belgian and international matters. We offer an entrepreneurial work environment and the opportunity to be a part of an ambitious and growing international organization.
We make a long-term commitment to our lawyers. We offer a variety of interesting work and the opportunity to work with other departments and in an interdisciplinary way, both in Belgium and internationally.