ARE YOU A CORPORATE LAWYER INTERESTED IN NEW TECHNOLOGIES?
ASK YOURSELF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- Do you have relevant experience in corporate law and mergers & acquisitions, preferably with some additional experience or a keen interest in assisting technology companies with their corporate and commercial projects?
- Are you a Dutch native speaker but are you also proficient in English and do you have good knowledge of French or are you a French native speaker who is proficient in Dutch and English?
- Are you capable of working in a team but at the same time able to operate independently and supervise young lawyers?
- Are you looking for interesting and challenging legal work for large and medium-sized domestic and multinational companies, investors and growth companies often in the technology sector?
- Do you fancy to work in a firm with a human size where professionalism can be combined with a pleasant and collegial atmosphere, a great team spirit and a good work-life balance?
- Do you want to earn an attractive and competitive compensation in line with your qualifications, experience and ambition?
- Do you attach importance to training, feedback, follow-up and partner assistance on your personal professional development projects?
IF THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE, YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Our Corporate and Technology partner Steven De Schrijver would like to strengthen his team with an attorney with 3 to 6 years of relevant experience in corporate law and mergers & acquisitions, preferably with some experience or a keen interest in new technologies.
Steven’s practice concentrates on
- M&A and corporate transactions with a strong focus on the technology sector;
- Technology transactions, IT contracts and IT outsourcing;
- Legal aspects of disruptive technologies and digital transformation;
- Privacy and cybersecurity for technology companies.
Steven has been elected by his peers around the world as Global IT Lawyer of the Year by Who’s Who Legal (LBR Research) in 2012, 2014 and 2017. Steven is recommended by Chambers and Legal 500. Steven is a board member of ITechLaw and regularly publishes articles and speaks at international conferences in his fields of expertise. In his 25 years of experience he has assisted many international companies with their acquisitions in Belgium and Belgian companies with their divestiture to foreign companies. He also advises some of the industry leaders in the field of new technologies on their commercial and It law issues.
THIS WOULD BE YOUR WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Astrea is an independent Belgian law firm, with offices in Antwerp and Brussels, which consists at the moment of 12 partners and 40 attorneys.
Since its establishment in 2006, our firm has experienced continued growth and currently advises a wide range of domestic and international clients in all major areas of business law (including M&A, corporate, tax, banking & finance, commercial, IP, ICT, data protection and privacy, media, gambling and gaming, litigation & ADR, employment, administrative, real estate, environmental, transport & logistics, attachments and insurance law).
Our “Corporate & Finance” department consists of 3 partners and 10 associates. We assist our clients with establishing and restructuring companies and any corporate governance issues they may have in Belgium. Furthermore, we offer assistance with venture capital and starting capital transactions, private mergers & acquisitions and capital market transactions. In the latest edition of Legal 500, our law firm was described as a “rising star” on the Belgian market.
For more information about Astrea, see: www.astrealaw.be.
Interested candidates can send their motivation letter and CV to:
Mrs Rosita Moerkens via email: email@example.com
All applications will be treated confidentially.